Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happiness in Education

Happiness in Education

          Education is one of the most important things a person can do in life to become more educated and happier. With education you can have a good job making money and stress free life which brings happiness. As I went to middle and high school I always disliked school, because it never made me happy most of my class felt dull and so were some teachers.

           By having higher education with a degree a person life can be happier. With higher education you can have a steady job with enough money where you don’t have to worry about bills and other financial stuff in your life. But since most young children dislike going to school at a young age because of teachers, homework or not enough school actives they have this idea school is useless to them and carry that idea with them throughout high school and such. As they grow older and realize how important education has an impact in their life, it’s sometime too late.

         By not having a good connection with students, they feel very much left out and unwanted. Which makes a student not want to come to school or expand their learning. Also when schools have variety of actives such as chess club, longer gym periods,  or even after school programs which makes students feel more interested and become more interested in school itself . Also rather than giving homework all week long have a few days were students and teachers can work within groups to interact with their peers to make school more comfortable for them.

        When I was in middle high school I heavily disliked it. I would have to wake up early, be in school for six hours, five days a week with more work then actives. Therefore school felt more like a drill routine, which made me less interested and unhappy in school. When I was in high school I had no interested in school and my grades dropped and I thought to myself after high school I would never go onto college. After graduation without degree of any sort I was working a 9 to 5 job. Then I realize how much education has a benefit in my happiness and future. As I stated college I feel happier then ever and interested in all my class because the class I picked are what will benefit me in the future and the teachers interact more trying to help students to succeed.

        Overall if schools have more fun actives and teachers that interact with students it will make students realize at a young age the happiness is in education rather than dislike school and keep the same feelings thought later schools years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob,

    Your essay really identifies the issues you've faced. I'd love to see a revision where you focus on how you can increase your happiness RIGHT NOW as well as in the FUTURE. It seems you know where teachers go wrong, your next step is to figure out how you can make it right.

    ReplyDelete